Thursday, June 21, 2007

My super late intro and a project to share...


Hello!

I know I'm quite a bit late in posting an intro, but here I am at last. The fabulous Adrianne and Toya came up with this wonderful Scrapalong idea. What better way to share than to let everyone who wants to participate join in the fun? I think it is wonderful how these two young, creative souls, are always so willing to create ways to let everyone feel included. So thank you both for starting this great new blog!

Now, who am I? My name is Maria. I am the mother of a 10 year old adorable girl who gives meaning to my life. That 10 year old child is also the reason why I started scrapbooking a decade ago. From the minute she was born, I became obsessed with the idea of recording memories in every way possible. I have always loved to journal and take pictures, but the idea of putting it all into scrapbook pages was born when my daughter came into this world. The rest is history.

Scrapbooking has become a part of my every day life. And now I have also been an avid blogger since the Summer of 2005, I have been teaching scrapbooking classes at my LSS since the Fall of 2005 and most recently, in May 2007, I became one of my LSS' creative team members. I also work full time at a law firm as a Paralegal and have a two hour daily commute to work. This may explain why it's taken me this long to get it together so I could post my fist entry into the Scrapalong blog.

So my entry for today will be a layout with some of my favorite subjects...my garden babies, my flowers. I was inspired by the People's magazine ad for their "Most Beautiful People" edition. I just used the concept to feature the "Most Beautiful Flowers." Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Cas... said...

Welcome to the group! I really like your layout.

Adrienne said...

Welcome Maria! LOVE all the flower pics!!!!!!

Kimberly White said...

Welcome! Love your interpretation from the inspiration! Beautiful! Kim

Anonymous said...

Love that layout! What a wonnderful inspiration that page was! Super post. Thanks!!

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

very cool! welcome.


-stephanie

Laura S. said...

I strolled over to your blog after seeing your post on one little word. How much fun I am having looking at all your cool stuff. Way to go!

This is an awesome LO created from the ad.

just love it!

All the best,
Laura