Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nautical


OK. We don't live near any body of water that I would put my toe in. So here is a LO with pics from last year's vacation adventure to Traverse City, Michigan. I say adventure because we were traveling with a very disagreeable 2 year old. (what's up with the 2nd born) Any way, I had been waiting to try something with transparencies. And here was my chance. I painted a layer of waves on the trans with various shades of blue. I really liked the ripped edges of the vellum because it reminds me of the rippling of the water. I think a common theme in my LO's is texture - ie. the rope (anything that makes you want to touch and feel the LO) supplies: cardstock, rope, tags, 7 gyp word sticker, KI alphabets, hambly journaling bits, ink

3 comments:

Run-alyn said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! ON the transparencies!! So clever!!! Thanks for sharing that tip!! Take care!!

Adrienne said...

Its called middle child syndrome! LOL, it is REAL! But LOVVVVVVVEEEEEE your top though! Great job!

Toya said...

gosh, you layout brings back so much memories for me, I love your use of vellum, I haven't used it in so love,, this is just a super layout